The Oscars are Sunday. I love the dresses. I like the people watching and I look forward to the crazy comments and entertaining interviews. Have I mentioned the dresses? I really like the dresses.
Now that we’re parents we will probably stay in and have a quiet night at home as X. goes to bed right when the action starts. I’ve started to put together some of our favorite treats to enjoy while my husband and I wonder about the Academy’s choices and wait for Colin Firth to win Best Actor. These Savory Pumpkin Seeds are one of our favorite snacks. Roasted and rich with flavor we find them to be the perfect snack when a salt craving hits. I hope you enjoy!
Savory Pumpkin Seeds
- 1-1/2 to 2 c of Raw Pumpkin Seeds (I used a 300 gm package)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- Turn the oven on to 200 degrees.
- Wrap a cookie sheet in aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Mix Olive Oil, Soy Sauce, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder in a bowl until well combined.
- Add the Pumpkin Seeds to the mixture and stir until well coated.
- Pour the Pumpkin Seeds onto the cookie sheet and place in the oven.
- Cook for 45 minutes. Take mixture out at the 15-20 minute mark and stir thoroughly to ensure and even roast.
- When finished allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- This dish can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free soy sauce and spices.