Last week was one of those weeks. You know what I’m talking about. The kind where food finds you. Where you can’t seem to get to the gym as much as you would like. The week where everything seems to just get away from you. That said it was a great week. My husband celebrated his birthday and we had a marvelous time. One birthday brunch, two birthday dinners and countless desserts later and you might say I’m stuffed. Literally stuffed.
I haven’t gained a lot of weight or gotten angry with myself. I knew it was coming. I wanted to celebrate. I ate well and got in what exercise I could but in the end sometimes life needs some room for celebration.
To recover from my week I’ve decided to do a little natural detox. I’m indulging in lots of water, lemon juice, fruit, vegetables and plenty of sleep. Along with those, I’ll also be indulging in some long, beautiful relaxing salt baths. I create my own epsom salt mixture that I liberally add to my bath that helps me de-puff, softens my skin and lets me relax. I find it marvelous. If you’re looking for an inexpensive, enjoyable bath indulgence this is it.
Relaxing Salt Bath Mix
- 6 C Epsom Salts
- 3 C Baking Soda
- Essential Oil of your choosing (I chose Lavender)
- Mix the Epsom Salts and the Baking Soda together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add approximately 10 drops of the essential oil to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Store in an air tight container until needed.
- Use about a cup in each bath.
- These are a great gift during the holidays.
- Experiment with the essential oils. Try peppermint around the holidays or orange oil in the summer for a lift. You can use whatever scent you desire. I went with Lavender as I wanted a soothing fragrance before bed.
- Add more or less fragrance as you go. I find the 10 drops to be a nice, light scent but you might desire something a little stronger.