As we’ve given up meat for the next month to support famine relief, I’ve been reading vegetarian/vegan cookbooks to get some ideas on what to eat for supper. So far we’ve been eating very well and are feeling great. As I was flipping through The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone this morning, I happened to notice a recipe for Pomegranate Lime Iced Tea and thought I should give it a try. As I looked closer though I realized I needed to tweak the recipe. I am not a fan of sweetened iced tea and I didn’t have any fresh limes. Here’s my variation on the original recipe. It’s tart, refreshing and completely satisfying on a mid-summer afternoon. Enjoy!
Pomegranate Lime Iced Tea
- 4 green tea bags
- 2 c unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1/3 c lime juice
- Bring 8 c of water to a boil.
- Pour into a tea pot with the 4 green tea bags.
- After the tea has steeped and cooled a bit, add the pomegranate and lime juices to the pitcher.
- Poor the green tea into the pitcher until it is full.
- Chill in the fridge until desired temperature.