While preparing dinner last night, I found myself thinking of a lovely vanilla infused dressing that I often have while out for dinner with my husband. It is delicious and I knew it would go perfectly with the dinner I had planned. As I can’t just buy it, I had to make it. The end result was very tasty. I added the green tea to balance the strength of the vanilla and it worked beautifully. The result was a smooth dressing with a very mellow flavor. It would be perfect in the heat of summer.
Green Tea & Vanilla Salad Dressing
- 1 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 C White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 1 Green Tea Bag
- Place the Olive Oil in a heavy sauce pan.
- Carefully cut along the length of the vanilla bean and open the pod.
- Place the open pod and the green tea bag in the oil.
- Set heat to low and simmer on the stove for 45 minute to an hour.
- Remove from heat.
- Take the vanilla bean and green tea bag out of the mixture. Squeeze the tea bag well to remove all oil while removing it.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Add the white wine vinegar to the oil and place the mixture in the fridge to cool.
- The recipe makes about enough to use through the course of one week.
- I paired this with a simple pear, walnut and asiago salad. It was an excellent combination.