I have an elaborate, decadent recipe for Macaroni and Cheese. This is a scaled down cheater version. It’s simple, fast and delicious. Less labor intensive but equally flavorful. It came about this morning when I found some left over pasta in the fridge that I new my son would love for lunch. Being in a bit of a pinch for time I threw together a cheese sauce, tossed it in the oven and this was the result. It was delicious!
This is an easy, tasty recipe to throw together when you want a really tasty meal. It takes very little time, barely any more than the boxed variety and is much tastier. Enjoy!
- One package of noodles
- 2 cups of shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- 2 heaping tbsp of plain yogurt
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees.
- Cook the noodles, drain and set aside.
- Melt the cheddar with the yogurt, the mustard and cayenne pepper over medium.
- Stir constantly as the mixture is melting.
- Once the mixture is melted mix the noodles in with the mixture.
- Then add 1/2 c parmesan cheese to the mixture.
- Throw into a casserole dish and toss it in the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until warmed through.
Add the dijon mustard to your taste. If you’d like bold flavor add the full tbsp but if you don’t want as much flavor only add the 1/2. It really impacts the flavor and brings a richness to the dish so you should add it according to taste. This is really quite easy and would be delicious with a side of broccoli or if you’re feeling really indulgent some toasted garlic bread. Enjoy!