- We have 6 days to go in our famine relief journey. It’s been a very interesting month. I’ve done a lot of reading on the food supply, how we eat as North Americans and what can be done to make changes. We have not gone hungry over the past month and the money we saved (in not buying meat) will hopefully help those who need it much more than we do.
- My husband and I have noticed we have a lot more energy now with the diet we’ve been eating. We’ve relied on grains, greens, veggies and fruit. It’s really caused us to think about what we were eating before and how we can improve. There’s a lot to be said for a plant-based diet but I think that might be a post on it’s own.
- We had a crazy night last night weather wise. Huddled downstairs together as a family we watched Kung Fu Panda, played with some toys. It’s wasn’t Vegas (where my family currently is) but I think we made the best of a potentially boring situation.
- I took six weeks off and I’m only 1/2 way through the first week. I’m already thinking of what to do when I go back to work. This is not good. I think I may need a course in letting things go.
- I had signed up to attend the Relevant 2011 conference (for Christian Blogging Women) and was very excited to attend until recently when I started thinking that maybe I should be going to something more in my own field. The problem is, I’m not a ‘blogger’. I have a blog and am technically a ‘blogger’ but I feel more defined as a minister. It’s who I am. It’s what I do. Even know with no official Church connection, I dream of projects and sermon series. I think of things that might attract people. I look for ways to keep my hand in as I know someday I’ll be called back into full time service. Because of this I wonder if I should sell my ticket and attend another conference, closer to my heart. I really don’t know what to do at this point. If you have any suggestions I’m open and listening!
- We have become Scrabble addicts in this house. It’s serious business. I found my husband memorizing three letter Scrabble words the other day. I’m a little scared.
Random Thought Thursday: August 25th
25 Aug posted by